Punxsutawney Image Gallery

  Then and Now

Most of the early pictures date back to 1909.

Click on the pictures to see a larger version, and click again to close.

To see only a selection of images, use:



Central YMCA

Adrian Hospital

Carl Jordan Undertaker

Church St. from South Bridge looking North

Mahoning St. Civic Center

Drive Inn Theater

Mahoning and Penn, Eagles

East End School

Farmers and Miners Bank

Findley St Parade

Findley St.

Front St

GW Weiss and Mary North Residence

Beyo's Gas Station, West Mahoning St

Grace ME Church

Haley House West End

Grace Way

Mahoning St. / High Rise

JA Weber Bldg

JB Eberhart Co

Jenks Hill School

Lauderbach

Mahoning and Front

Mahoning Bridge


Mahoning Hardware/Rite Aid

Mahoning & Findley

Mahoning Creek

Main St WEnd Looking West

Margiotti Bridge

Merris Beef

National Hotel

Barclay Square

Pantall Hotel

Penn St at Mahoning

PRR Depot

Punxsutawney High School

Punxsutawney Hospital

Railroad Office

BR & P Depot

RR YMCA

South Side Bridge

Pine St. Winslow/Spence home

Star Iron Works

Town Pump

Trunzos Studebaker

Old West End Bridge Map

West End Muni Bldg

W. Mahoning and N. Gilpin (1886, 1909)


First Baptist Church

Gilpin

East End Bridge

Steam Laundry Mahoning and Front

Salvation Army & IOOF

Mahoning St and Findley St.

First English Lutheran Church

Built by Alex Williams 1908

Torrence

Built in 1903 by LC Myers, E. Union St

Built in 1890s. Also known as Pantall House 410 W Mahoning.

Built in 1904

Built in 1902 by Davis Goheen, purchased by Hans Olsen

Built about 1903 by McKibbin, 1918 bought by Bennis

John Kennedy. Later owned by Charles Margiotti

Hamilton

Built in 1901 by Dr SC Aldrich at 310 W. Mahoning, In 1909, it was known as the Bowers Residence

Adams

Clark

SSCD

Built by Mitchell, Bought by Robinson in 1903, later named Lattimer

Dougherty

Beyer

Grube


Jenks

Built 1904 by S. Taylor Shaffer

312 W Mahoning, Built in 1904 by TW Kurtz

Pantall Flour Mill became Jefferson Grocery

Peoples Planing Mill

JL Fisher, later served as Library

Phelan

Rinn

Rosenberger

Sutter

Wilson

Whitney Hotel

Ford Hotel

Continental Hotel

City Hotel

Bennis Hotel

Washington Hotel

Quinlisk Hotel

Waverly Hotel

North Hotel

Lindsey Hotel

Hospital hill

St Elmo Hotel (1972) 115-7 N Jefferson

Findley St View